It first released for public use in October 2012. It was developed by Microsoft, with Anders Hejlsberg, the lead architect of c#, as well as the creator of Delphi and Turbo Pascal, and team. TypeScript is completely open sourced on GitHub, anyone can read the source code and contribute.
ES5, ES6 and Typescript
At this point in time, it is very important to understand these terminologies.
If we compare both the Typescript vs ES6 we will not find the many differences. Everything we write in Typescript is supported by ES6 or vice versa. In simple words, Typescript is the extension of ES6 with some added features.
Static vs Dynamic typings
Browsers do not understand the TypeScript and legacy browsers do not support the most of Typescript. That’s why TypeScript code, which is written in
Typescript popularity graph in 2019
According to 2018 survey of stateofjs, Typescript has gained a lot of popularity in 2018. TypeScript gets more and more popular in the Front-end environment. Nowadays we have
Learning curve for Typescript
- Knowledge of Object-oriented concepts will help you to learn easily.
- You must be aware of terminology like Classes, Interface, generics, inheritance, ES6 features will give you extra confidence to learn Typescript
Why should you learn TypeScript?
Better performance for Large Coding Projects
- It offers better productivity and Maintainability for developers.
- Integration with IDE VS Code provides better code navigation and catching bugs before compilation.
- Static Typing , object-oriented concepts and additional Features over ES6 help the developer to understand the problems in real time.
- Code easier to understand, Increase the performance
Better for Productivity and Collaboration
- Tools like TSLint is standard linter for Typescript to catch the bugs at the time of writing the code, before compiling.
- Rich IDE available with autocomplete and code navigation features.
- Code easier to merge
- Support from the big community like Angular, Microsoft.
What is better for your application?
- In very simple words, Typescripts = ES5 + ES6 + additional features .
So we had a detailed discussion over this topic. If you like the article please appreciate and share your feedback with me. Happy Learning…